1. We have been instructed by Skate Canada that we can run a CanSkate program for stages 1-6. At this time, Skate Canada will not permit us to offer a Pre-CanSkate program. Skaters MUST be able to skate independently and get up without support.
2. We can only have a max of 45 people on the ice including skaters, coaches and PA’s. At this time, registration is only available for the Fall season (October – December). We will reassess the situation later in the Fall when planning the winter session.
3. Our program capacity is 36 skaters per hour for CanSkate. (With recent COVID-19 changes, are creating a waiting list after 25 skaters. Please send forms WITHOUT payment at this time)
4. Registration forms will be available soon. To reserve your spot please complete and return the registration form. Please do not send payment until your registration form has been approved. (you will get an email)
4. There will be no in-person registration days. Please send all forms to firstname.lastname@example.org We will be accepting e-transfer or cheque by mail.
5. Skate Canada also requires that a COVID waiver be signed – this will also be sent once your registration is confirmed
6. We may be in need of program assistant (PA) volunteers. If you know someone who is not an immediate family member of a skater and would be interested in helping on either Monday and/or Saturday please let us know.
Covid-19 Protocols: - 1 parent per skater in the arena (no exceptions – we have to adhere to max capacity numbers) - Skaters must come dressed to the arena - skates can be put on at arena facility – there will be assigned areas where parents and skaters must go and parents must stay in this area during the lesson - Social distancing rules will be in place - Masks are mandatory in the arena facility but optional on ice surface
More info will be provided in the coming weeks. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us!
PreCanskate & CanSkate Stages 1-6 CanSkate is a learn-to-skate program for skaters aged 3 years and up. It consists of structured group lessons designed to develop agility, balance and control. Coaches and Program Assistants work closely with skaters to develop their skills. Skaters will be evaluated at the start to determine their level, and will receive a report card upon completion of the season.
Star 1-5 & Star 6-Gold The STARSkate program is designed specifically for figure skating skill development. It allows skaters who have completed the CanSkate levels to develop ice dance, free skate, interpretive and technical skills. Lessons at this level are normally done with a coach, in either semi-private or private sessions. A list of our coaches can be found on the brochure at the top of this page. Skaters can also use ice time without a coach. Ice time is available Mondays and Thursdays.
Guest Skaters Guest skaters can join STARSkaters on Mondays or Thursdays for $20/hour (must have paid Skate Canada fee)
Thank you so much for your interest in our programs.